What is the difference between a licensed doctor and a Board Certified doctor?
Patients see Board Certification as a higher standard.
Doctors are required to have a state medical license to practice medicine; Board Certification is a higher standard that doctors must choose to attain and maintain. Board Certified doctors demonstrate their desire to practice at the top of their profession and deliver high-quality care to their patients.
Board Certified doctors are:
- Skilled and knowledgeable
- Experts in their specialty
- Meeting a higher standard
Doctors with an ongoing commitment to Board Certification:
- Participate in assessment and training beyond what is required of their peers
- Work to continually improve the care they deliver