Reasons you may not find your doctor on Certification Matters
If you have tried different combinations of the four search fields as explained above and are unable to locate the doctor you are looking for, here are a few possible reasons.
- The doctor may not be certified by one of the 24 certifying boards (ABMS Member Boards).
- Doctors who are licensed to practice medicine but have not been certified by one of the 24 ABMS Member Boards are not included on this site.
- Some types of doctors and certain kinds of health care services are not included in the 120 areas of medical expertise offered by ABMS Member Boards. Examples of those not found on this site are chiropractors, dentists, oral surgeons, and podiatrists.
- The doctor is board certified but asked their ABMS Member Board to keep their information private.
- The doctor may have earned their board certification very recently.
- Information about doctors who just became board certified may not be available on this website for up to 90 days. You can contact the ABMS Member Board that you think may have certified the doctor to see if information about your doctor is available there.